Staff Golfing at College Fields
As a staff member at College Fields, you work hard to provide all our guests the best playing experience possible. We believe you should also have the ability to play the golf course; with guests, as part of your employment here. The following policies are meant not to limit your times to play, but to ensure we don’t turn away any business or provide any guest with less than an exceptional experience.
We encourage all staff members to play golf anytime during the week and after 3pm on weekends and holidays as described below. Staff players can bring up to three guests with the first guest free and the second and third guests paying a cart fee ($9 for 9 holes, $18 for 18 holes). *Immediate family members are exceptions and do not have to pay the guest fee if making up the foursome. Guests will pay the cart fee regardless if the group is walking or riding. Staff must call the pro shop for tee times and are not allowed to use our online tee time service.
Our range is in a wetland area that makes it difficult to keep and retrieve golf balls. Please limit your range practice to one small basket. Additional range balls for guests must be purchased.
Tee times during the week, Monday – Friday are available anytime. Extremely busy times will be the exception. Pro shop staff will have to occasionally make judgements based on the tee sheet. In this case, a slower time may be suggested.
Tee times on weekends and holidays will be limited to after 3pm. Tee times for weekends shall not be made until after 12pm on the day of the tee time. Tee times during the weekend fill up quickly and we need to have times available for our customers to call and book. *Staff can play earlier on weekends, without a tee time. If open times are likely on a given day, check in with the pro shop and inform them that you would like to play if there is an opening. If an opening becomes available, the starter will work with you to get you on the course. *Exceptions to the 3pm rule can be made for special occasions, please check with a manager.
As a staff member of College Fields playing the course, it is your responsibility to set an example for other players by taking care of the golf course and upholding the standards of our customers.
- Pace of play – Maintain a two hour per nine holes or faster pace of play. Allow faster groups to play through if there is open space in front of your group.
- Do not make tee times as a single player. This is a good rule for any course. Golf courses have limited times available, ask if there is a good time to try to come out instead.
- Staff members should not be paired with other players. Pro Shop; book staff golfers as four players or block off the rest of the tee time. Staff are welcome to play with customers if invited.
- Keep carts on path on tees and near greens.
- Do not engage customers for slow play, cart path violations, etc. Phone the pro shop if a serious problem exists.
- Each player should have his/her own set of clubs and wear proper clothing.
- Make a positive impact on the course when playing (Fix ball marks, rake bunkers, repair divots, pick up litter, empty the trash from your golf cart when you finish.)
Thank you for making our course a beautiful one to play and providing our customers with the customer service they have come to expect at College Fields. We hope you have a chance to enjoy the product you help build.